Today on your 16th birthday, I thought I'd share my hopes for the both of you this year.
- I hope y'all know Momma, Daddio, Jessi, Brandon and I love you to the moon and back. Seriously, you make our lives so much fun and we don't know what we'd do without you.
- I hope that you enjoy being young. Now's the time to be carefree.
- I hope you'll take risks and try new things even if you think you'll suck at it. Go out for a different sport or try a new activity.
- I hope you take this year to figure out why you believe in Jesus. I know you already have a foundation, but really dig deep for yourselves. It's important for the future.
- I hope you watch lots of movies. I know this might seem silly, but now is the time for you to work on your movie buff knowledge. It is a part of our family. So get on it.
- I hope you inspire others. You're called by God to be set apart. Let God's light shine through you.
- I hope you start to explore the world around you. I know it might seem impossible right now, but the world outside is a great place just waiting for you to explore it.
- I hope you take good care of my Camaro, Poison Ivy. She's been through a lot and I plan to enter her into car shows some day, so be sure to take good care of her and wash her lots.
- I hope you get good grades. I know that sounds lame and like something mom or dad would say, but believe me, good grades count. So work hard so you can be whatever you want to be.
- I hope you have lots of fun this year. I know it won't be the most fun ever because I'm not there, but still have a good time.
- I hope you laugh a lot. Life is hard and laughter is truly some of the best medicine out there.
- I hope that when you miss me, you text me and tell me so. Also, when you miss me, have a burger. And if you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to say something.
- I hope you get into trouble. Not the life-altering kind of trouble, but enough to keep you in line. If you think it's bad, call me, I'll tell you what lecture dad will pull out of his filing cabinet for the occasion and we'll weigh the pros and cons.
- I hope you respect Mom, Dad, and Jessi. Not that you don't already, but I want you to show them that respect. They do a ton for you.
- I hope you come see me next summer!
- I hope you enjoy life in general. Don't take your time now for granted. It will be over before you know it.