Total Loss: 59.8 pounds!!
Starting Weight: 239 pounds
Current Weight: 179.2 pounds
Pounds to goal weight: 29.2 pounds!!
What I craved this week: All the holiday food I didn't make. That includes a veggie tray, sausage dip and chips, fruit tray, pickle tray, shrimp tray, my momma's punch, and the list goes on and on and on... The point is that I craved REALLY bad food. It was like the little bit of food that I made that we traditionally have opened the door to everything else that goes with it. Based on my cravings, I still say this is further proof as to why eating unhealthy is an addiction.
What I noticed was different about my body: I'm getting down to just having my tummy and arms to lose. I know the rest of my body will continue to get smaller, but the noticeable areas at this point are my arms and tummy.
Workouts I did this week: Ran twice. One of those runs was a new PR. You can read about that here.
Personal Goal for this week:
- Hit all my runs and lose more weight.
- I have a 7 miler on Sunday that I am excited about. My goal is to maintain a pace under 12 minutes. We'll see how that works out for me.
- I also want to finish up my final work for the classes I don't have finals in so that I can focus on the classes that I do have finals. (Did you follow that hot mess?)
- I also want to find a running jacket for a decent price and these thingys to go on the bottom of my running shoes in case it snows. I can't remember what they're called. Obviously.
Favorite Quote for this week:
What I'm looking forward to:
- I really really really am looking forward to being done with this semester, BUT I am really starting to feel the stress of the end of the semester. So I guess in some weird twisted way, I'm looking forward to finals too. I know it's weird. My brother Will would tell you it's the school nerd in me.
- Also, on Saturday, I'm having Chipotle for the first time in weeks. Judge me if you must, but it's the little things in life that get you through the rough times.
- I'm looking forward to finalizing my race schedule for the spring in the near future.
- Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm looking forward to hitting 300 miles before the year is over.
Frame of Mind: I can feel myself getting into the zone. I think it has to do with the fact that I created a whole other level of accountability when I posted that my starting weight was 239 and also because it is the end of the semester. Like I mentioned last week, it happens naturally for me at this time, but I'm trying to find a good balance. I also have to admit that I'm starting to get a tad bit nervous about reaching my goal weight. Maintaining a weight is something that I've never made a concerted effort at doing and I'm not sure where to start or how to do it...at all. Any tips y'all have are greatly appreciated!