DISCLAIMER: There are things that I've tried and liked. There are also things that I've tried and not liked. This is my current combo that works for me.
This go-round I'm gonna start with my feet and work my way up.
1. Running Shoes - I currently run in a size 9B Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s. Notice how specific that was? I was fitted for them. If you're curious about what that experience is like, read this post.
|Me Post- Shamrocks and Shenanigans 5K!|
3. Compression capris - In the spring time, it can still be a bit chilly when I start running. So I keep my muscles warm with the capri, but when I warm up, I still have some breathing room at the bottom since the capris aren't a full pant. I like wearing compression pants, shorts, or capris because they hold my jiggle still. Running is mental enough as it is, I don't need another issue to cloud my mind on my "off" running days. Brand-wise I like Old Navy and UnderArmour. I've worn the Target brand, but feel like they lose their elasticity too quickly.
4. Fuel Belt - I am actually in the market for a fuel belt without a water bottle as a part of it. I was just talking to my running coach about it this Sunday because I need one since I'm doing runs that require me to fuel again. She had one on that had no water bottle. She and I are short waisted. We both talked about how the water bottles bruise us. In fact, after my halr-marathon last fall, my legs felt fine after a day and a half, but my back had a bad bruise that hurt for two weeks where the water bottle hit. I don't need a water bottle because any time I do a long run, there is always water provided. I carry Clif Shot Bloks, kleenex, and my car keys in my fuel belt.
(If you're a runner and have a good recommendation about this, send it my way!)
5. Sports Bra - I wear the Moving Comfort Juno. Moving Comfort is awesome and they have bra types for all. They are a bit pricey, but they have sales regularly.
6. Tech Shirts - Shirts as in plural. Like I said earlier, I start out cold, so I usually have on a tech tank top and a tech long sleeve shirt. The long sleeves get rolled up on occasion if it turns out to be warmer than anticipated. I have no preference on this brand so long as it is a tech shirt and relatively cheap, I'm down for it.
7. iPod - I never leave home without my tunes. I plan to post a playlist soon!
(If you're a runner, I need recommendations for headphones. I just haven't done this yet!)
8. Arm Band - I recently spent a little more money on an armband from Target. You can find it here. I had to get a new one because I now have an iPhone 5. Yes, I know that I run with an iPod and an iPhone. I run my NikePlus app on my iPhone and listen to music on the iPod. I don't run both on my phone because I have my phone on me for safety purposes and when I run for a long time it really runs down my battery.
9. Doo Rag and Ponytails -My hair is finally long enough for baby ponytails. I still wear my doo-rag. It is pretty gross at this point, but I don't care. I've had it since the beginning of my running journey and now I just can't part with it. I know some runners like Bic Bands and they support a good cause.
If you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate to ask! I love talking about this!