Apparently, it's the week of the YouTube videos. It's only fitting since it's been my tradition since college to look up YouTube videos during finals time. Although, I technically don't have finals this go-round, the tradition still stands.
This morning on the way to work, I heard a song for the first time and it made me think of all the fun songs I love to hear at Christmas time and thought, "HELLO easy fluff blog post!" I mean hey, I'm blowing my sister's mind that I've posted two days in a row, why not go for the gold?"
So here I am.
1. "Donde Esta Santa Claus" by Guster - I just heard this one for the first time today and I am now obsessed with it. Makes me wish I was on an island with some castanets.
2. "Mele Kalikimaka" by Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters - I will forever think of Cousin Eddie when I hear this song. If you don't know who that is, we need to talk.
3. "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano - This song always puts a smile on my face.
4. "Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey" by Lou Monte - Listen, this song is so ridiculous, that it's awesome. And I'm sure if you play it for your kids, you'll want to find me because you can't get it out of your head.
5. "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses - Not every song has to be ridiculous. This song is just plain fun and makes you want to tap your feet.
6. "Last Christmas" by Wham! - It's 80s Glam at its finest. How can you hate that?
7. "Christmas Cookies" by The Oak Ridge Boys - This link goes to a Fox News site. Yeah. But it's the only good quality video I could find.
8. "It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas" by Perry Como - Listen, if you have a line in the song that goes, "...And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again" that's from the 1950s, that's called winning. I love that even then parents needed a break from kids. It makes things realistic.
9. "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey - Because DUH.
10. "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron" and "Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen - These two songs tell a fun story from WWI. Also, makes you want to march or tap your foot.
What are your favorite fun Christmas songs? Happy Tuesday!
1 hour ago